Saturday, August 29, 2009

Summer Sewing Projects

While my grandma was in town in for all the festivities I bought material to make a quilt for myself. My grandma makes these quilts for all the new babies in our family and I absolutely love them. I have been wanting one for my own for quite sometime. So I figured since it was summer and my grandma was around to show me how to make it this would be a perfect time to make one. I love my blanket!









Side 1













Side 2






I am the vice president of my sorority, so most of June I spent planning activities and such for the rest of summer and for the fall. At the end of every school year we as a sorority give the president a gift to show our appreciation for all that she did for that year. This year we decided to make her a patch quilt. We wanted the names for each girl in the sorority embroidered on the blanket. I mentioned I knew someone who had an embroidery machine. So I was put in charge of the blanket. Which meant that I had to do all the sewing. It turned out being a lot bigger of a project than I had expected. I spent many hours working on it. But I was so happy with the way it turned out. It looked great. Once I finished sewing all the squares together the girls in my sorority help tie the quilt. Then earlier this month we all went out to dinner and presented the blanket to Maegan. She loved it and it made all the hard work worth it.




I love the way both quilts turned out but I think I have done enough quilting to last me quite a while.

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome. I love the pictures on the material. Nice job Lishers.

    ReplyDelete